CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Man's Search for Meaning---Victor E Frankl

We've been exchanging books with the softball players wives as we watch the games.
I found this so interesting. I want to have it in our library.
Man's Search For Meaning by Victor F Frankl is different from the other books I've read,(reading about the holocaust and I saw a different approach to this book.
Makes me more aware of the conflict the Jews had during the war and how they were able to deal with it. I'm not sure I could deal with all of the torture, starvation, going without good meals, finding friends you could trust and still be thankful you lived through it.
I learned about a term "logo-therapy" . We cannot avoid suffering but we can choose how to cope with it, find meaning in it and move forward with renewed purpose. I'd give it a +9.
I'm also reading MY SRGEL A Love Story by EKATERINA GORDEEVA with L.M. Swift. The most celebrated pair skaters of all times. I've just started it and it is hard to put down.
Maybe you have read these books and would like to comment on them. Thanks, Pep :)

No comments: