CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 12, 2008

John's 55th Class Reunion August 30, 2008


SS Paysonian The New luxury Cruise Ship
We met for the social hour, enjoyed horsd'oeuvre and visiting with old and new friends.
They served the menu, starting with a green salad, bread and rolls.
The baked chicken supreme was delicious with twice baked potatoes
Green Beans w/ bacon and onions were an added attraction. The meal was topped off with Creamy homemade cheesecake and a topping of Carmel or blueberry.
There were pictures of the classmates on top of cruise personal. Lots of laughs. Oh to have those bodies back.
The highlight for me was the way they remembered their classmates that were deceased. To the song, You raise Me Up, they had American Flags flying with pictures of each deceased classmates and their names. I do not think there was a dry eye in the house. It was beautiful and thanks to Phil Jones and Robert Huber.

3 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

Glad you enjoyed yourselves. A cruise theme sounds fun. I'm sure the tribute video was wonderful. I like the picture you put up too.
-- Melissa

scooping it up said...

Grandma, you make me laugh. I do not mean any disrespect, but I can't help but smile when I think that your favorite part of the whole thing was the mention of those who were deceased. Glad you had a good time. Isn't it great that you will get those bodies back? Thank goodness for the resurrection, huh?

Grandma Jane said...

Thanks for not being part of the tribute program! I love you two so much!