CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Big River

We went to see Tuachan's play Big River. It is the story of Huck Finn. We went with Luana and Grace. I loved it! I never realized the heartache that the black people went through. Jim, the run away slave, was just awesome! His voice was outstanding! Jan Broberg was in it- her parents live here in Padre Lakes. Aunt Em was delightful! The water scenes were spectacular! We liked it so much we planned to go again, but I decided to give my ticket to Jonah and he went with his mom, sister and sister's friend. The liked it too! If you get the chance, you need to go see it!

1 comment:

Grandma Jane said...

How fun! I am glad I was introduced to musicals at a young age. I still giggle thinking about anyone who would burst out in song, but it sure beats yelling or fighting! I apprciate a holsome musical where there is good clean fun and a happy ending. My favorite is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.