CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Ground Hog - Lion- Lamb- Leprechan

February 2, is always Ground hog Day. Will he see his shadow? Lets look at a few of those cute little animals. We go to Hershey Penn. to see if the groundhog will see his shadow. It is really quite amazing how many people rely on his seeing his shadow. Will we have 6 more weeks of winter or what? The East coast believe that groundhog saw his shadow. In Utah we believed but it has been slow in coming the last few weeks. Tell me which one really did see his shadow?


Then we come to my shirt that I wear once a year on groundhog day. He is such a cute little fellow and always sees his shadow according to my shirt.

March comes in like a Lion and goes out like a Lamb.

This another one of my shirts. Again I wear it not once but twice. If March comes in like a Lion I wear it the first day of March. If it comes in like a lamb I wear it backwards. I have a very talented friend who would make my seasonal shirts for me to wear for Special Ed. I had a lot of fun and I even wore a different costume on March 17 Th. Can you guess what I was?



I like this Lion. It reminds me of Payson High School. We were the Payson Lions. I like to see the lions at the zoo and different places to see if they look like our mascot.

This little lamb is adorable. It reminds me of the lambs that use to greet us in the morning when it was cold and getting warm in a #10 tub surrounded by hay setting on top of the oven door at the ranch. They always seemed to be born before it was warm and daddy always had s0ft heart and brought them in. We sometimes fed them and they were called "little doggies".
March 17 th is St. Patricks Day.

What do they all have in common? If any one can just have the Leprechaun in this picture I'd appreciate it

2 comments:

Grandma Jane said...

Hey MOM, I remember those shirts! Who use to make them? I'd forgotten you had that cool fountain in the entry garden. I do not recall the plant though. Your festive spirit makes me smile. We need to do some crafts with my grandbabies!

Allie Thornbrue said...

Oh, those shirts are classic.