CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Second Week BOWLING + Softball

Every sport has their own bulletin board so we took a copy of Bowling. This was the first year for the new chair and they did a great job.



Bowling is the second week of the games along with softball so John is limited to how much he can do with me. We'll do Mixed Doubles and Team.
My partner is Karen Chute. We knew each other in Buena Park CA and it has been fun bowling with her this year.

These are the new shirts this year and we wore them as doubles partners. Qualifying for doubles. We qualified in the scratch division. That was a shock.

John and I wore our matching shirts that we use in league. His shirt has 'salty and mine has pep"
Salty Pep and Annette Chugg. Salty,Pep and daughter Annette. She surprised us and came to watch us before her meeting. That was very nice.

Our team :
Ted Kezos Karen Chute Pearl and John. We were the "Misfit" Team so we all wore different shirts. Ted was given permission to bowl as a team and no other sport. We were glad he was our partner.

I entered all bowling events.
I qualified for all events. I bowled 24 games in 5 days. I was pretty worn out.
We were very lucky. Karen and I took a BRONZE (3rd) in doubles and our team took BRONZE !!!! We were all very happy.

After the games were over John traveled with the Slammin' 70's
from Salt Lake. They have played for him in other tournaments. They took Silver. They were defeated 3 times by the same team. They had fun.

3 comments:

Sariah Marie Hafen said...

Thanks for all the posts and pictures Grandma! Every one looks great and I am glad you did so well in bowling! Tell grandpa I did get his birthday message and I will call you both at home this sunday after I go see Jekyll & Hyde!

Nana Shanna said...

Hi Pearl!
It sounds like you've been keeping more than busy. You look good! We had hoped to be able to get to Ivins before the New Year, but that may not happen. So I'll see you in January in not before.

Love, Nana Shanna

Melissa said...

Great job on winning the bronze. I'm impressed that you bowled so many games in five days. You rock at bowling!