CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thanksgiving in Oceanside, CA

Wednesday, November 26, we headed for Oceanside CA in a rainstorm. It rained all the way, if Thanksgiving wasn't the next day we would off stopped. We "seniors" have a hard time seeing at night with rain and headlights in our eyes but we felt we were protected and we arrived safe and sound. The children, Garrett, Kayla, Nathan and Elsie were delighted to see us and that made the trip in the rain worth it all. Rabecca was home but Paul was still finishing up his UPS job in San Diego. We were glad when he came home, it was pretty wet for him also.
Thursday it was still raining and Garrett wasn't fee
ling good so Grandpa Pete stayed home with him. Grandpa put the turkey in the oven while we ran, walked in the race. This logo was on their shirt. Kayla # 1817 and Nathan was # 1818. The rest of us went to the 3rd annual Oceanside Turkey Trot race. Rabecca opted not to race so we went down to the starting place with Kayla and Nathan. It was really raining and boy did we get wet. I thought it had rained in St. George for the Mayors Walk in October but in reality it was dry. Paul tried to keep up with Kayla, Rabecca went with Nathan and I pushed Elsie in the stroller. She wasn't quite sure she wanted me to do that but we made it all the way. There were 4,100 runners. They had it divided in different categories and made it easier for the children to participate. Kayla and Nathan were in the 6 and under age group.
Kayla ran her mile in 10 minutes 49 seconds.
and Nathan ran his in 16 minutes 58 seconds and there was no time for Elsie and I and I but we did make it. It was a lot of fun and this is a small picture of the medal they received.
The next day it was bright and sunny so we went to the pier. There were a lot of people fishing and
walking around enjoying the sunshine. As we were coming back we were so close to this pelican.Well, this wasn't the actual Pelican, it is too clean and white. But it was fun to see and all of the people didn't seem to bother him at all. None of us had a camera so there wasn't a picture of the one we saw so I got this one off the internet. Somedays I'm pretty proud of what I can find and use. I had never seen one that close and it was neat. I am amazed that God has created animals such as these and they come in all shapes and sizesThere were a lot of seagull's also. The seagull is Utah's state bird so I have seen many of them. The three you are looking are gossiping according to the internet. I guess we humans aren't the only ones that like to talk.
Afterward we went to Paul and Rabecca's favorite eating place, The Soup Plantation.
We also went to the beach the next day. Garrett brought a friend, he was a lot of fun. I can't remember his name, help anyone??? When it was time to go everyone showered off in the cold water and I held up a towel while they changed. Sunday we started home and when we got to the CA / NV border there was a grid lock, traffic wasn't moving at all. By the time they got it moving it, it was dark and we knew we couldn't go any farther so we stopped at the Texas Station and stayed all night. While we were there Jane called and got me a terrific price on Southwest Airlines so on the 3rd of December I flew to Denver. I was glad Jane caught up with me and we booked the flight that night. We had fun with the Peter's family and Nathan, Rabecca, John and I enjoyed a short trip to Lego Land. If you've never been there you should make it on your" to do list". It was expecially nice at Christmas time. I think that covers the Oceanside Trip, if I get pictures of the children running I'll post them or maybe Rabecca and Paul will. They were as exciting to watch when they were through as it was to see Allie and pictures of Melissaa in their Marathon. Will there be someone in our family next year ? I hope so but I'll stick to the Mayor's Walk.

2 comments:

Alan and Tessa said...

Pearl I miss you! Ya I put it on my list! My email is wolfley2006@yahoo.com Are you all ready for Christmas? How is Hairitage without me? Is Lacy doing a good job? I sure miss you next time I go up there I'm going to call you and we can do lunch!! I love ya and miss ya hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Grandma Pearl said...

Tessa,
I miss you. Lacy is OK but she isn't you. I guess it took me a while to train you also didn't it?
Send me an e-mail so I can have it correct.
I'm not really ready for Christmas as you can see on my blog. I hope you scrolled down and saw both of them that I published. I got them out of order and hope I can correct that. I need to edit and add some photos to my Colorado trip so I can publish it.
Have a great Holiday and hope to see you soon. I'd love to have lunch one day.
Love,
Pep